Debt financing for solar PV projects in India
Financial closure with favourable terms
Interest rates in India have been at an all time high. Climate finance, development funding and export credit finance options from international sources make it easier for project developers to access low interest rates for their solar projects.
Headway Solar facilitates financing of solar power projects, mainly through international financing institutions and funds. We help Indian project developers understand the requirements and criteria of international financing institutions, and provide easy access.
Our role in the financing landscape includes international financing, project due diligence, debt syndication advisory and financial structuring.
Headway Solar can help facilitate financing with most of the prominent lenders to the sector. These prominent sources for debt financing of solar projects are:Indian commercial banks
- SBI, Axis Bank, Yes Bank, ICICI
- Infrastructure funds - SBI Macquarie, IL&FS and Taurus Infrastructure Fund.
- Dedicated power sector financing - Power Finance Corporation (PFC) and Rural Electrification Corporation (REC)
- Investment banks – L&T Finance, SBI CAPITAL MARKETS, Bank of America, Barclays Capital, BNP Paribas, Lazzard and Credit Suisse.
- US EXIM Bank, Euler Hermes Kreditversicherungs-AG (Germany), China Export & Credit Insurance Corporation (China), Nippon Export and Investment Insurance (Japan)
- Asian Development Bank (ADB), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC), Germany’s KfW & DEG and the Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA)